Banner Health at a Glance
Nonprofit Banner Health is headquartered in Phoenix, AZ and operates 24 hospitals and other related health entities and services in seven states. Banner Health has rapidly evolved from a health system of hospitals to a fully integrated system that now includes significantly expanded services through Banner Health Network and Banner Medical Group.
Banner is regarded and recognized as a top health system in the country for the clinical quality consistently provided to patients in our hospitals. With nearly 300,000 members currently served by the Banner Health Network, a number that is anticipated to significantly increase, Banner has demonstrated the ability to effectively manage the health and wellness of populations of insured members in both government and private plans. Banner has also expanded convenient access to quality care by placing health centers and clinics throughout the communities we serve.
By the numbers:
- One of the largest nonprofit hospital systems in the country.
- Twenty-four acute-care hospitals and health care facilities.
- With almost 36,000 employees, Banner Health is the second largest private employer in Arizona and Northern Colorado.
- We offer comprehensive services, physician services, hospice and home care.
- Our research is internationally recognized.
- We offer specialized services such as those at Banner Alzheimer's Institute, Banner Concussion Center, Banner Heart Hospital and the Western States Burn Center.
- We operate in seven states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming.
- We are headquartered in Phoenix, AZ. Our address is 1441 N. 12th St., Phoenix, AZ 85006.
- Named Top 5 of Large Health Systems -2013 by Truven (formerly Thomson Reuters).
- Twenty-one of our hospitals are at the highest level of electronic medical records.
- At our 55-bed simulation medical center -- the largest "virtual hospital" of its kind -- our health care providers can enhance their skills and training.
- Banner Health is the first health care provider in Arizona and Colorado to use technology to monitor patients from hundreds of miles away using Banner iCare™ .
- Research in the prevention and treatment of Alzhiemer's disease conducted by the Banner Alzheimer's Institute and the Banner Sun Health Research Institute has resulted in two grants of nearly $50 million to support BAI's innovative approach and leadership in the field of Alzheimer's disease prevention.
- We provide $149 million a year in charity care.
- Unpaid cost of public programs, Medicaid and other indigent care programs - $189 million
- Health professional education (includes training more than 270 physicians annually) - $23 million
- Research activities - $8 million
- Total cost of the community benefit and the unpaid cost of Medicare - $433 million
Reviewed January 2014