|Snapshot: Banner's Care Transformation |
Our systemwide initiative, Care Transformation, has resulted in:
- More than 4,200 changes in medication therapy to eliminate the possibility of drug errors.
- Improved patient satisfaction
- Reduced patient stays
Innovation is a core element of Banner Health’s drive to industry leadership.
Banner melds the skills and dedication of our people with the rapid identification and deployment of innovative technology across all of Banner.
We believe innovation is essential to ensuring an extraordinary patient experience that is safe, efficient and effective.
We are constantly seeking out and investing in ways to improve our patients’ experience:
- Electronic Medical Records: Banner Health is investing heavily into Care Transformation, a strategy distinguished by an enhanced suite of electronic medical records, computerized physician order entry and patient identification. Our goal is to place patient information and decision-support tools at every caregiver’s fingertips by 2011, making Banner one of a few select health systems to offer this level of care.
- iCare ICU: Banner Health is leader in using a system that allows intensive-care physicians and nurses caring for ICU patients to collaborate with colleagues in a remote center hundreds of miles away. Banner’s iCare ICU technology program, anchored by eICU technology, has helped save 475 lives in 2008 and 560 lives in 2009.
- Simulation Education: Banner Health offers health care providers – particularly nurses -- one of the richest training experiences possible with our virtual hospital, Banner Simulation Medical Center. This 55-bed hospital is filled with computerized mannequins in several settings. Banner Simulation Medical Center is the only one of its kind in the country.
Read about our other innovations
Learn more about Clinical Excellence at Banner Health