Free tours of state's largest Emergency department Aug. 6
MESA, Ariz. (July 25, 2011) -- Banner Desert and Cardon Children’s Medical Centers are offering a tour of their new Emergency Center, the largest of its kind in Arizona, with 103 treatment bays for timely care.
The free tour of the center, which is expected to treat more than 100,000 patients annually, will be held Sat. Aug. 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Offered at event:
- The first 75 kids to arrive will get a toddler or child-sized bike helmet free, including fitting.
- A tour of some of the new spaces in the emergency center.
- Opportunity to see where physicians and nurses work, and where patients receive care.
- Talk with health professionals and learn how to keep your family safe.
- A closer look at emergency vehicles from Mesa Fire and Southwest Ambulance and Air Evac.
The new emergency center offers separate zones for high-quality adult emergency care, and specialized pediatric emergency care featuring physicians board-certified in pediatrics and emergency medicine.
Banner Desert was recently recognized by U.S. News& World Report for high performance in 12 important clinical areas, more than any other hospital in the Phoenix-metro area. Cardon Children’s provides specialty care just for kids including physicians certified in pediatric and emergency medicine.
Questions? Email for more information.