Banner reorganizes area leadership team
Rick Sutton to serve as Northern Colorado CEO
GREELEY, Colo. (Sept. 25, 2013) – Banner Health announced today a change in its leadership structure for northern Colorado, naming North Colorado Medical Center Chief Executive Officer Rick Sutton to chief executive officer of Banner’s northern Colorado operations. In his new role, Sutton will lead an executive team that will be responsible for operations and strategic planning for North Colorado Medical Center in Greeley, McKee Medical Center in Loveland and the new Fort Collins Banner Health hospital.
Sutton has worked for Banner Health since 2001 and has been the chief executive officer for NCMC since 2008. He previously served as the chief executive officer for McKee Medical Center and Ogallala Community Hospital in Ogallala, Neb.
“With the growth we have experienced in the northern Colorado area in recent years, including the upcoming construction of a new hospital in Fort Collins, it was important that we create a leadership structure that thinks and manages from a broader perspective,” said Jim Ferando, president of Banner Health’s Western Region. “This team will ensure we operate as effectively and efficiently as possible in providing excellent patient care across all of our operations.”
Marilyn Schock, chief executive officer of McKee since 2009, has left her post there and is considering a number of options within Banner.
The other members of the Northern Colorado Market executive team and their roles within the new structure include:
- Northern Colorado Chief Medical Officer: Sheldon Stadnyk, MD
- Area Associate Chief Medical Officer: Bert Honea, MD
- NCMC Associate Chief Medical Officer: Steven Loecke, MD
- Northern Colorado Chief Financial Officer: Mary McCabe
- Associate Chief Financial Officer: Lori Sehrt
- Finance Director: Patricia Gibson
- Northern Colorado Chief Human Resources Officer: Jeanie Gallagher
- NCMC and Market Human Resource Consultants: Bev Walton and Jennifer Johnston
- McKee and Market Human Resource Consultant: Heather Huntley
- Northern Colorado CNO: (To be named in the future)
- NCMC Associate Chief Nursing Officer (Interim): Tiffany Hettinger, RN
- McKee Associate Chief Nursing Officer: Deb Fox, RN
- NCMC Chief Operating Officer: Wendy Sparks
- McKee Medical Center Chief Operating Officer: Michelle Joy
The changes take effect Sept. 29.
Banner Health operates North Colorado Medical Center under a lease agreement with the NCMC, Inc. board of directors. Banner owns McKee Medical Center in Loveland and is building the new Fort Collins hospital at the corner of Harmony Road and Lady Moon Drive.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country. The system manages 24 acute-care hospitals, the Banner Health Network and Banner Medical Group, long-term care centers, outpatient surgery centers and an array of other services including family clinics, home care and hospice services, and a nursing registry. Banner Health is in seven states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming. For more information, visit www.BannerHealth.com.