Community Hospital, Wyoming Health Fairs offer wellness opportunity
TORRINGTON, Wyo. (March 4, 2013) — Community Hospital and Wyoming Health Fairs give people the opportunity to take charge of their health by participating in low-cost blood screenings.
The spring blood draws are Wednesday-Saturday, March 27-30 at the Goshen County Fairgrounds Rendezvous Center from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. Tests available are:
- Blood chemistry profile for bone and electrolyte levels, heart and kidney functions and liver and lipid functions with cholesterol, protein, iron, glucose and thyroid, $30.
- Hemogram for red and white blood cell counts and platelets, anemia, leukemia and other disorders that can affect the cells in your blood, $15.
- PSA blood screening for prostate cancer in men, $30. Recommended for men over the age of 50, or over the age of 40 if there is a family history of prostate cancer.
- Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy for overall Vitamin D status for the screening of deficiency or toxicity, $35.
- Thyroid panel to provide an additional screening for thyroid issues, $25
- Hemoglobin A1C to measure historical blood sugar control for up to three months. This test is recommended twice a year for people with diabetes, $25.
Results from the screening will be mailed to participants.
No appointments are needed. Participants should fast for 12 hours prior to the screening for optimum results. If you are diabetic or take medications, please follow your normal routine.
For more information, please call Wyoming Health Fairs at (800) 979-3711 or Community Hospital at (307) 534-7169.