Banner Olive Branch announces March community activities
SUN CITY, AZ (Feb. 14, 2014) - Banner Olive Branch Senior Center is continuing its free community outreach with a variety of educational and entertainment programs in March. All programs are held in the dining room of the senior center at: 11250 N. 107th Avenue in Sun City, adjacent to the United Church of Sun City. Our monthly menus are available at our front desk. Reservations are a must for lunch. Please call (623) 974-6797.
- Tuesday, March 4 at 10am: Join us for our “Mardi Gras Celebration” The “Sun City Stomperz” will be entertaining us, together with clowns - costumes optional. The Sun City Stomperz play traditional jazz music mainly from the first half of the 1900s, in a full-bodied New Orleans style.
- Thursday, March 6 at 10am: Attorney Charles Geisler will speak on ‘Legalities’ and answer your questions. Charles Geisler has been a pro bono volunteer with Banner Olive Branch on Thursdays for many years. Appointments are required.
- Monday, March 10 at 10am: a Spring Concert by “the Choraliers” - a mixed vocal ensemble of 25-30 talented singers.
- Friday, March 14: Join us to celebrate “St. Patrick’s Day” – Corned Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, Irish Soda Bread and great entertainment. Reservations are required.
- Tuesday, March 18 through May 6 from 9am – 11am: Dr. Tina Olson presents “A Matter of Balance” -an award winning program designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase the activity levels of older adults who have concerns about falls. The program utilizes volunteer coaches to teach the eight 2-hour classes. Reservations are required.
- Wednesday, March 19 at 10am: Dr. Lindsey Davis of Midwestern University Pharmacy department will present a program about ‘Vitamins E & D’.
- Wednesday, March 26 9am – 11am: Jennifer Ramirez will hold a workshop regarding the ‘State Plan on Aging’. Reservations are required.
About Banner Olive Branch Senior Center
Banner Olive Branch Senior Center has been serving the Sun Cities and surrounding communities for more than 25 years. The senior center offers a wide variety of programs and support services, including a home-delivered meal program, daily congregate lunches, health and wellness classes and a food bank/pantry program. The senior center is a Medicare benefits check-up site and houses a satellite office for the Arizona Attorney General. For more information about Banner Olive Branch Senior Center, visit www.BannerHealth.com/olivebranch or call (623) 974-6797.