Banner Olive Branch Senior Center announces February community programs and activities
SUN CITY, AZ (Feb. 7, 2014): Banner Olive Branch Senior Center is continuing its free community outreach with a variety of educational and entertainment programs in February 2014. All programs are held in the dining room of the senior center at: 11250 N. 107th Avenue in Sun City, adjacent to the United Church of Sun City. Our monthly menus are available at our front desk, reservations are a must for lunch, please call (623) 974-6797.
- Friday, Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day: A King and Queen for the day will be appointed, “Pete and His Guitar” will entertain us and our February birthdays will be acknowledged.
- Friday, Feb. 21, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Come help Banner Olive Branch Senior Center commemorate 25 years of serving the West Valley community. Also celebrate the grand opening of Operation American Patriot, in support of military members and their families. This free event will feature opening remarks from distinguished guests, followed by information booths, health screenings and a complimentary BBQ lunch. Entertainment will be provided by “Sun City Stomperz” and “Take 4 Jazz” bands.
- Every Monday, 9 a.m.: ‘Visually Impaired’ group meets.
- 2nd & 4th Thursdays of the month, 9 a.m.-11 a.m.: Blood pressure sessions.
- Every Thursday, 9 a.m.: Tai Chi with Lois Maxwell who has been teaching for 25 years.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7a.m.-9 a.m.: Breakfast is served. Pancake breakfast is a suggested donation of $2. Belgian Waffle breakfast is a suggested donation of $3. Both are served with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and juice. Reservations are not required.
Banner Olive Branch Senior Center has been serving the Sun Cities and surrounding communities for more than 25 years. The senior center offers a wide variety of programs and support services, including a home-delivered meal program, daily congregate lunches, health and wellness classes, and a pantry program supported by donations from the community. The senior center is a Medicare benefits check-up site and houses a satellite office for the Arizona Attorney General. For more information about Banner Olive Branch Senior Center, visit www.BannerHealth.com/olivebranch or call (623) 974-6797.