Health fair season is under way in Goshen County
TORRINGTON, WY (Jan. 31, 2014) – Community Hospital in Torrington and the Wyoming Health Fairs have started activities associated with the annual Community Health Fair. Blood screenings are done in advance of the health fair in several communities.
Blood draw locations and dates are:
- Lingle, North Hills Baptist Church, The New Life Center, Tuesday, Feb. 4 from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- LaGrange, Community Building, Wednesday, Feb. 5 from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Fort Laramie, New Pioneer Community Center Conference Room, Tuesday, Feb. 11 from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Yoder, Community Center, Friday, Feb. 21 from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Torrington, Rendezvous Center Brand Room, Goshen County Fairgrounds, Wednesday March 26 through Saturday, March 29 from 6 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Health experts are on hand to offer free blood pressure and body fat analysis and colorectal cancer screening for $10. Blood screenings include:
- Blood chemistry profile, $35
- Complete blood count, $20
- PSA screening, $30
- Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy, $40
- Thyroid Panel, $30
- Hemoglobin A1C (blood sugar), $30
- C-Reactive Protein, $30
- Ferritin (Iron levels), $20
- Vitamin B12, $20
- Celiac screening, $44
- Blood type, $25
- Health assessment, $25.
Wyoming Health Fairs recommend people who are getting their blood screened should fast for 12 hours unless they are diabetic. To learn more about the screenings, visit http://www.wyominghealthfairs.com/ or visit with your doctor.
Torrington’s Community Health Fair is scheduled April 26 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Lincoln Complex Center, 436 E. 22nd Ave. in Torrington.
Community Hospital in Torrington, WY, is operated by Banner Health, one of the nation’s largest nonprofit healthcare systems with 24 hospitals in seven states. Community Hospital was constructed on its current site in 1977 and offers obstetrics, general surgery, oncology, inpatient and outpatient diagnostics, community wellness and Emergency care. For more information, visit www.BannerHealth.com/Torrington.