The Learning Center Child Care Program
The Learning Center subscribes to the theory that children learn more by doing and experimenting than instructed activities. We offer challenging and stimulating materials and activities through which your child can learn and grow. By closely observing a child's understanding and development, we can pose additional challenges to further his or her own thinking.
Our ultimate goal is to make your child feel happy and secure, and as a parent and employee, you can feel free to perform your duties without concern for your child's welfare during the workday. Parent participation is vital and strongly encouraged. You are invited to drop in any time to visit, observe or participate in activities.
Highlights of the Learning Center:
- Staffed by caring, trained professionals that encourage creativity, independence and individuality
- Daily routine consists of circle time, small group activities, large group activities, outdoor play, quiet time and free-choice time
- Rooms are spacious, bright and filled with educational toys, aquariums, and shelves loaded with items designed to captivate youngsters
- Positive approach to discipline. Children are praised for accomplishments and appropriate behavior
- Clear and consistent limits are set to help your child develop a sense of self- discipline
- Children accepted on a full-time, part-time and drop-in basis
- Drop-in care is offered on a space-available basis. The enrollment process must be completed before drop-in services can be used and a drop-in time is set
- Child care is available for use even when an employee is not scheduled to work
- After-school and vacation programs available for school-age children
- TLC accepts special needs children based on the completion of a special needs plan of care by the parents and director. Only if both the director and the parent(s) feels that TLC can adequately care for and meet the needs of the child will the child be accepted.
School Age Program:
The Learning Center offers a school-age program for children aged kindergarten through 13 years. The program offers care Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Carol H. Brice Family Center (located at 1949 Gillam Way). Children who need to stay past 6:00 p.m. or need care on weekends will be transported to the main center on 20th Avenue. Transportation to several local schools is also provided.
The Next Step:
All of us at The Learning Center welcome your questions and comments. Please give us a call at (907) 458-5335 if you need further information or wish to arrange a visit.