Physician ERP Rules
The Banner Health (BH) Employee Referral Program (ERP) replaces all previous referral programs. This includes all regional and all facility referral programs.
Designated open physician positions are eligible for an employee referral (the current eligible status codes are Full-time-FA, Part-time-PA).
Positions will be designated as needed. As of Jun. 5, 2013, the positions eligible for a referral reward are:
- Primary care - physicians and mid-level providers
- Family Practice with OB
- Family Practice without OB
- Internal Medicine – General
- Internal Medicine – Pediatric
- OB/GYN – General
- OB/GYN – Gynecology
- Pediatrics – General
- Psychiatry - physicians and mid-level providers
- General Surgery - physicians and mid-level providers
- Pediatric Specialists
*Hospitalists are not included at this time.
There is no limit to the number of candidates a BH employee may refer. Only candidates who are currently not employed by BH can be referred. Current BH employees transferring into a new position are not eligible.
A thank-you reward of:
- $10,000 will be paid to employees who refer a full-time BH physician
(.8 Full-Time Equivalent or higher).
- $5,000 will be paid to employees who refer a part-time BH physician
(.4 up to .8 Full-Time Equivalent).
The referral rewards will be paid in two phases:
- First payment will be half of the total reward after the referred employee has worked 16 hours.
- The remainder of the reward will be paid after the referred employee completes six months of employment with BH.
Rewards are subject to Federal, State and FICA taxes.
The referring employee must be in an active status at the time they refer the candidate and at the time of the reward receipt.
Tracking/reporting of ERP rewards will be done by BH Human Resources.
Candidates who have previously worked for BH can be referred by current employees. However, the candidate cannot have worked for BH in the last year (365 days).