Third-Party Fundraising Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraiser to support one of Banner Health's nonprofit facilities or programs.
- Guidelines for Third-Party Fundraising Events
- Requirements for a Third-Party Fundraiser
Guidelines for Third-Party Fundraising Events:
- All fundraising events for Banner Health or Banner Health Foundation/Banner Alzheimer’s Foundation require advance written permission from the Foundation.
- Promoting the event through public announcement or any other public relations is not allowed until written permission is granted and received from the Foundation.
- Events must align with the mission and appropriate image for Banner Health.
- Events must comply with all relevant laws, including the laws of the State of Arizona.
- Banner Health and/or Banner Health Foundation cannot sponsor or endorse fundraising events or products. Printed materials and other information should state “proceeds will benefit Banner Health.”
- The Foundation must review all promotional materials including press releases, public service announcements, scripts, posters, invitations, etc. before they are used.
- Banner Health and/or Banner Health Foundation’s logo is a registered trademark and cannot legally be reproduced without permission.
- If circumstances warrant, Banner Health may at any time, through any of its officers, directors and/or senior administrators, direct you to cancel the event. You hereby agree to cancel the event. If so directed, you further agree to release Banner Health, Banner Health Foundation, and its officers, directors and employees from any and all liability and connection to any such action.
- When approaching businesses and corporations for assistance with events, please remember that many local organizations are already involved in supporting Banner Health and may not wish to make additional donations. Please clear all business contacts with the Foundation before approaching them for support/participation.
- Banner Health does not provide contact information of its corporate sponsors, donors and supporters for solicitation purposes. Rather, Banner Health agrees to promote the event/organization, when appropriate, through exposure at existing events, Banner Health Foundation’s internal eNews (electronic newsletter) and Web site.
- A Banner Health representative may be able to attend your fundraising event. Personal appearances by Foundation staff will be handled on a case-by-case basis. We will attempt to respond to your request. Please recognize that the volume of requests exceeds our available staff. Indicate on the application form to request a representative, and please contact the Foundation two (2) weeks prior to the event to confirm.
- Submit a Third-Party Fundraising Application and a signed copy of the Third-Party Fundraising Guidelines to the Foundation for review at least six (6) weeks before your proposed event. Please include any additional materials outlining the proposed event.
- If a Special Event Liquor License is needed for your event, the process for application must be started sixty (60) days prior to the event date. The required signature from the Foundation should be acquired in a timely manner.
- The person representing the event must obtain any necessary permits, licenses or insurance. Please attach completed copies to your application.
- Any contracts required for the event must be reviewed and approved in advance of signing by Banner Health Foundation. Contact: Banner Health Foundation, 2025 N.3rd St. #250, Phoenix, AZ 85004; (602) 747-4483.
- The sponsors agree to indemnify and hold harmless Banner Health and/or Banner Health Foundation and all its officers, directors and employees from any and all claims and liabilities in any way related to the event.
- The public should be fully informed regarding any net amounts that will actually be donated to Banner Health. Potential donors must be informed whenever less than 100 percent of the net proceeds will be donated to Banner Health. (For example: “Ninety percent of the proceeds will benefit Banner Health.”)
- The I.R.S. requires that all tickets, invitations or entry forms state what portion of the contribution is tax deductible. If donors will receive a product or service in exchange for their donation, subtract the value (whether or not it is donated) of the product or service from the contribution. The remaining amount is tax-deductible.
(For example, the written materials could state: “The portion of the payment for each ticket which is deductible for federal income tax purposes is limited under the federal tax laws to the excess of the payment over the value of the goods or services provided to a person attending this event. We estimate that the value of goods and services provided to each person attending will be $XXX. Accordingly, the amount of your payment which is deductible for federal tax purposes is $XXX per ticket.
- If your event is held to benefit the hospital’s general services or a special-purpose fund, your written materials should state: “Proceeds raised support Banner Health’s nonprofit programs, services and medical facilities. To learn more, please contact Banner Health Foundation at (602) 747-GIVE or email.
- Please advise the Foundation of any changes in your event.
- If event expenses are greater than the total collected, the group holding the event is responsible for payment of these additional expenses.
- Within 45 days after the last day of the fundraising event, please send a final accounting of income and expenses to Banner Health Foundation. A check made payable to Banner Health Foundation should be sent to: 2025 N. Third St., Suite 250, Phoenix, AZ, 85004.
- If the budget for your fundraising event is greater than $10,000, you should establish a separate bank account. The title of the account should say “…to benefit Banner Health.” Only event expenses may be deducted from this account and all donations are to be held in trust for Banner Health.
- Until written permission is received, the name “Banner Health or Banner Health Foundation” should not be used for any purpose and contributions should not be solicited.
I have read and agree to follow the above guidelines;
Please keep a copy of these Guidelines for your reference. Please return your completed “Fundraising Event Application to Banner Health Foundation, 2025 North 3rd Street #250, Phoenix, AZ 85004 or by fax to: (602) 258-1463. Please call (602) 747-4608 for additional information.