Banner Hospice staff asked newly admitted Violet to list her favorite things. "Hot fudge sundaes,'' she said, "but I can't have them because I am a diabetic.'' Those kind of rules don't apply at Banner Hospice, Violet was told. Violet enjoyed four hot fudge sundaes before she died eight days later at peace and with family.
Banner Hospice, one of Arizona's few nonprofit hospices, provides care to dying patients and their families.
- Our goals are to support quality of life, honor the wishes of our patients, maintain the dignity of the individual and support the family through their grieving process.
- Our team can provide comfort to the patient and family by alleviating symptoms, by providing meaningful support and creating an environment to develop lasting final memories.
- We offer care at people's homes as well at Banner Gardens.
- We also provide care in group homes, assisted living facilities, independent living facilities and skilled nursing facilities.
- We offer the Dottie Kissinger Children's Bereavement Camp, a free community service designed to help children cope with the loss of a loved one.
- We also offer Caring Connections, which offers free support for patients and their families faced with a chronic or life-limiting illness.
- The Banner Hospice Bereavement Program offers individual counseling and support services to grieving families,
- Banner Hospice also remembers the lives of our patients through a Celebration of Life memorial program, offered twice a year for families and friends to honor their loved ones.