At Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, we believe that sharing your experiences can be helpful to you and other patients like you.
Non-emergency support about newborns:
- We maintain a ‘Warm Line’ staffed by experienced health care professionals, which serves as a source of guidance and information regarding non-emergency questions about your newborn. Call (907) 458-5210 and leave a voice message complete with your name, phone number and questions or concerns. A staff member will return your call at their earliest opportunity.
Diabetes Support groups:
The Fairbanks Diabetes Center hosts several support groups in conjunction with the American Diabetes Association. For more information call the American Diabetes Association at (907) 457-1557.
- Adult Diabetes Support Group
- Meets the third Thursday of each month, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital. For more information please call the American Diabetes Association at 457-1557 or 458-5406.
- Type 1 Family Support Group
- Problem solving for life with type 1 diabetes
- Meets the third weekend of each month, varying day, time and place. Please call 458-6403 for more information.
"The Well" Caregiver Support Group:
Time to "renew, restore and rejuvenate" yourself as a caregiver.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesdays
- 12-1 p.m.
- For more information call (907) 458-6985