At Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, we believe that sharing your experiences can be helpful to you and other patients like you.
Breast Cancer Support Group
Open to cancer survivors and interested individuals.
- The informal meetings are held the 4th Thursday of
- A blend of good conversation, lots of support and a variety of speakers from the community
- Please contact Sharon Brand at SBrand@grtnw.com for more information.
Diabetes Support groups
The Fairbanks Diabetes Center hosts several support groups in conjunction with the American Diabetes Association. For more information call the American Diabetes Association at (907) 457-1557.
- Adult Diabetes Support Group
- Meets the third Thursday of each month, 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital.
- For more information please call the American Diabetes Association at 457-1557 or 458-5406.
- Type 1 Family Support Group
- Problem solving for life with type 1 diabetes
- Meets the third weekend of each month, varying day, time and place.
- Please call 458-6403 for more information.
Non-emergency support about newborns:
- We maintain a ‘Warm Line’ staffed by experienced health care professionals, which serves as a source of guidance and information regarding non-emergency questions about your newborn. Call (907) 458-5210 and leave a voice message complete with your name, phone number and questions or concerns. A staff member will return your call at their earliest opportunity.
"The Well" Caregiver Support Group:
Time to "renew, restore and rejuvenate" yourself as a caregiver.
- 1st and 3rd Wednesdays
- 12-1 p.m.
- For more information call (907) 458-6985