1st Floor, Outpatient Center Entrance
Phone: (907) 458-5244
Fax: (907) 458-6488
Hours: 6:45 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Monday, Wednesday and Friday
The outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation program helps individuals with heart conditions lower their risk of future health problems by living healthier lives. We offer a medically supervised conditioning program based on each patient’s needs and limitations.
With the approval of their physician, heart patients participate in exercise sessions three times a week during which time patient heart rate and blood pressure are monitored. A safe exercise range is established with patients working up to more intense aerobic activity. Trained staff teach patients to self-monitor as they return to normal activities.
Weekly education sessions guide patients and their families on diet, stress management and other issues that impact ongoing heart health.
Cardiac Rehabilitation can help patients who have experienced:
Features of our program:
- The length of the program is typically 12 weeks with sessions three times per week on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Individual sessions last an average of 60 to 90 minutes.
- A portable telemetry unit monitors heart rate and rhythm during exercise
- Blood pressure is monitored before, during, and after exercise to establish a safe exercise range and help identify potential problems
- Weekly education sessions are available on a variety of topics. Please call (907) 458-5244 for more info
For More Information
|Eight mistakes heart attack patients make|
|Video: Cardiac rehabilitation|
|How to get the most out of cardiac rehab|