TVC is proud to sponsor and/or offer space to local educators in Interior Alaska for informative classes that benefit our patients.
Particular Parenting is a four session educational course for parents of all age groups, sponsored bi-annually by Tanana Valley Clinic's Pediatric department. These classes, taught by Madeline Lambert Nance, help you choose the right discipline for your child's age and personality. Open for all members of the community to attend, FREE of charge.
Spring Session Weekly Schedule:
- March 4th—Why Parents Behave the Way They Do
Parenting Styles and Motives
- March 11th—Why Kids Behave the Way They Do
- March 18th— Discipline Choices for Today
- March 25th—Struggles and Conflicts
What To Do in Difficult Times
Childbirth & Breastfeeding classes are also offered monthly at TVC, sponsored by our OB/Gyn Department. These free or low cost educational classes are located on site, in our Dunlap Conference Room.
- Successful Breastfeeding - This class is recommended for last trimester expectant parents, and offers advice and information on when and who to call for help if breastfeeding challenges arise. Presented by Joanne Spears, RN, IBCLC, RLC, from Fairbanks Regional Public Health Center.
This FREE class is offered the fourth Tuesday of every month, 6:00pm - 8:00pm. RSVP to private voicemail: 907-451-1629.
- Childbirth Preparation Class - This is a two-day weekend course from 12:30pm-4:30pm located on site in the Dunlap Conference Room. Mothers learn exercises for a healthy delivery and recovery, how to breathe, focus and relax, and partners learn to support and assist. Presented by Jean Fifield, RN. Cost is $40. Bring two pillows and wear comfortable clothing. Call 459-3540 to register.
Questions? Please call (907) 458-2687 or email for more information.
Tanana Valley Clinic - Your Medical Home