Accreditations and Awards
U.S.News & World Report,
#2 Hospital in Arizona
#2 Hospital in Phoenix/Metropolitan Area
Nationally ranked in Geriatrics
Ranked high performing in 11 specialties
Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix has distinguished itself in many ways. Below are some of our most recent accreditations and awards:
- Magnet™ status, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- The Joint Commission accreditation for Hospital and Transplant Services
- The Joint Commission certification as a Primary Stroke Center Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation for Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix Rehabilitation Institute.
- Level I Trauma Center – American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Level I Trauma Center – Arizona Emergency Medical System
- Level III Perinatal Center – Arizona Perinatal Trust
- In 2014, the Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix Epilepsy Monitoring Unit was designated a Level 3 comprehensive epilepsy center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC)
- Healthcare Accreditation Colloquium (HAC) accreditation as an Accredited Heart Failure Center
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation certification for the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
- American Council of Teaching Hospitals
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
- U.S. Health and Human Services "Medal of Honor" for organ donation rates
- American College of Radiology
- American College of Surgeons
- Arizona Psychological Association "Psychologically Healthy Workplace"
- Konnectology: Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix identified as the top kidney transplant center in the United States out of 246 transplant centers.
- Get With The Guidelines ® - Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award
- Becker's Hospital Review 100 Hospitals with great women's health programs
- IBCLC Care Award: For excellence in breastfeeding support activities by highly skilled staff certified by the International Board Certified Lactation Examiners.
- Phoenix Magazine’s Top Docs: About 40 percent of the physicians listed in this prestigious survey of local physicians, by local physicians, are on the medical staff at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix.
- Internal Medicine residency program, Educational Innovations Project: Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education awarded a 10-year accreditation cycle to the Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix program. Only 17 of 450 Internal Medicine teaching programs received this level of accreditation.
- LIVESTRONG®: Livestrong Community Impact Project awarded grant to Palliative Care Program.