Family and Visitor Policy
At Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix, we recognize the therapeutic benefit of having a trusted friend or family member at the bedside during a medical emergency.
- In most cases, one visitor at a time is allowed at the bedside.
- This will allow medical needs to be met and assure privacy, and the privacy of patients around you, is maintained.
- Relatives and friends are asked to remain in the Emergency lobby area unless their presence is absolutely necessary for care.
- Staff will keep friends and family informed about care and treatment as much as possible.
- Minors may need to be accompanied by their parents.