The experts at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix's Gastroenterology department are nationally recognized for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the digestive tract and liver.
Among our program's features:
- An active and innovative liver transplant program. It is the fifth oldest liver transplant program in the United States.
- A large regional liver referral practice that receives more than 200 consultation requests monthly.
- Multiple liver disease satellite clinics throughout Arizona.
- Extensive expertise in liver cancer. We have the nation's second largest Ytrrium-90 (Y-90) therapy program in the U.S. for treating liver cancer.
- National recognition for surgical treatment of liver cancer, pancreatic cancer and bile duct cancer.
- Experience in advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures, especially biliary.
- Well-established Fellowship Training Program in Gastroenterology that draws applicants from around the U.S. and produces successful graduates who practice in Arizona and throughout the nation.