About the Cavanagh Heart Center
The Cavanagh Heart Center at Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix was named in honor of Phoenix-area philanthropist, civic leader and lawyer, Harry J. Cavanagh.
The Cavanagh Heart Center was officially dedicated in Arizona on Sept. 14, 2004.
Located on the second floor of Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix's Ancillary Building, the Cavanagh Heart Center encompasses:
- cardiac catheterization labs
- non-invasive heart care diagnosis
- surgical and non-surgical heart care treatment
- intensive care
- cardiac rehabilitation
The Cavanagh Heart Center was created by Mr. Cavanagh's friends and family's gift of $3 million to honor his legacy in the community.
Former hospital CEO Steve Seiler at the time said: "It is our distinct honor that the name, Harry J. Cavanagh, will now help define cardiac medical excellence in our community."
Harry J. Cavanagh established the Cavanagh Law Firm, a major law firm in the Phoenix area. Banner Health and Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix have been grateful beneficiaries of Mr. Cavanagh's leadership and vision. He is a past chairman of Samaritan Health System and Samaritan Charitable Trust, forerunner organizations of today's Banner Health and Banner Health Foundation.
Further, he is co-founder and co-chair with his wife, Geri, of the LPGA tournament in Phoenix for the benefit of Banner Health cancer care programs. For many years he also has been a generous donor to Banner – University Medical Center Phoenix.
Other generous gifts recognized in the Center include:
- Mr. and Mrs. Verde V. Dickey Family Waiting Area
- Barbara and Clayton Dean Cath Lab
- The Cavanagh Law Firm Nuclear Cardiology Suite
- Harry J. Cavanagh, Jr., MD
- Alberta B. Farrington Foundation
- Peter S. Redding
- Stuart R. Smith
- Charles F. ("Chikk") Myers
- David and Renee Lansky
- Roshka Heyman and DeWulf
- Susan E. Wells, PC/Susan Wells
- Richard B. Stagg, in memory of James Francis Stagg, MD
- Kinerk, Beal, Schmidt and Dyer, PC
- Boyer, Dolasinski and Miller, PC
- O'Connor and Campbell, PC
- O'Connor and Campbell, PC by Dan Campbell
- The Kurtz Firm