In cooperation with the American Cancer Society, cancer patients at Banner Baywood Medical Center have access to a Patient Navigator at no charge.
The Patient Navigator Program provides guidance for cancer patients, survivors and caregivers to help them navigate the cancer experience.
This community-based partnership between Banner Baywood and the American Cancer Society allows outreach to those most in need during the cancer experience.
If you are a cancer patient receiving treatment at Banner Baywood Medical Center, according to the American Cancer Society a patient Navigator can help you:
- By providing literature on coping with cancer, what to expect during chemotherapy and radiation, and dealing with side effects of treatment.
- By referring you to support groups, classes, and other programs for information and support.
- By helping you identify resources for financial assistance, medication needs, home health care, insurance questions, transportation and other concerns.
- By listening, caring and helping you in your time of need.
- By identifying activities that can help ensure a better quality of life.
- By helping cancer survivors learn to self-navigate.
If you or your family may be interested in receiving these services, please contact the Baywood Patient Navigator at (480) 321-4752.
For more information about the American Cancer Society and The Patient Navigator Program, please go to www.cancer.org.