John J. Rhodes Rehabilitation Center
The John J. Rhodes Rehabilitation Center is an acute inpatient rehabilitation program at Banner Baywood Medical Center that has served the metro Phoenix area since 1983.
We help patients maximize their abilities, prevent complications and promote healthy behaviors following an illness or injury.
Our primary focus is stroke recovery, working in conjunction with the East Valley Stroke Center at Banner Baywood Medical Center.
Because our goal is to get patients back to their homes as quickly as possible, family members are encouraged to participate in the patient's rehabilitation, as well as training to help them provide ongoing care.
We serve individuals with conditions such as:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- All private patient rooms
- Multi-disciplinary comprehensive therapy program
- Innovative therapy equipment
- Primarily one-on-one therapy treatment
- In-house hospital services (including emergency services and diagnostic testing)
- Weekly conferences to discuss patient progress and discharge plans
- Home evaluations prior to discharge, as needed
We emphasize a coordinated multi-disciplinary approach to treatment. Our team includes:
- Medical Director, board-certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physicians in multiple specialties available
- Rehabilitation Case Managers
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Rehabilitation Psychologists
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and Language Pathologists
- Recreational Therapist
Most insurance plans offer rehabilitation benefits. We contract with many insurance providers including HMOs, PPOs, PHOs, Medicare, auto insurance and indemnity plans.
For details, please contact our Admission Coordinator at (480) 321-4811.
For more information about stroke, please contact:
- American Stroke Association’s Stroke Connection Warmline at 1 (800) 553-6321
- National Stroke Association at 1(800) STROKES (787-6527)