Accreditations & Awards
Banner Boswell Medical Center has distinguished itself in many ways. Here are some of our most recent accreditations and awards:
- Banner Boswell Medical Center is a designated NICHE hospital through the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing at New York University College of Nursing. The NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders) designation means that Banner Boswell has met the criteria for providing optimal care to the geriatric population.
- Banner Boswell is a Joint Commission accredited hospital and became a nationally certified Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center in 2010.
- Banner Boswell has been a designated Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer since 1987.
- Banner Boswell’s Medical Imaging department holds the American College of Radiology Accreditation for CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine and PET.
Banner Boswell received the 2014 Get With The Guidelines ® - Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart/American Stroke Association.
Banner Boswell received an "A" grade for patient safety in 2014 from The Leapfrog Group (Leapfrog), an independent industry watchdog.
Banner Boswell chosen by Becker's Hospital Review as one of the country's "100 Great Community Hospitals" in 2014.
Banner Boswell named to the 2014 Top 100 Hospitals list by Truven Health Analytics. The facilitie has received this designation for three consecutive years.
Banner Boswell was named one of the top hospitals in Metro Phoenix by U.S. News & World Report in 2011.
- In 2011, Banner Boswell was awarded the “Get with the Guidelines” Stroke Silver Award from the American Heart Association.
- Angela Allen, RN, BSN, Banner Boswell Rehabilitation Center, was honored in 2011 by The Phoenix Business Journal as a Health Care Hero in the Nursing category.
- The Arizona chapter of the American Parkinson’s Disease Association honored Banner Boswell with its Community Partner Award in 2010.
- Gloria Powell, RN, Emergency department, received the "Best of the West" Leadership award in 2010 from the Western Maricopa Coalition (WESTMARC).
- Banner Boswell’s Nursing Education Transition Unit (NET-U) earned a national award in 2008 from the American Society of Healthcare Human Resources.