Events at Banner Boswell
At Banner Boswell Medical Center, we appreciate being members of the Phoenix community and want to do our part to keep our community strong and healthy.
We offer a number of interesting and fun events. So come join us!
Sudden Cardiac Arrest: Be A Lifesaver
This one-hour event is hosted by Banner Boswell Medical Center and features Carol Gibbs. Carol, Program Education Coordinator for Save Hearts in Arizona Registry & Education (SHARE), will present information, education and simulated practice with adult CPR.
- Wednesday, April 29
- 10-11:15 a.m.
- Memorial Hall, located on the first floor of the Support Services Building at Banner Boswell Medical Center, 13180 N. 103rd Dr. in Sun City
- Reservations can be made online or by calling (602) 230-2273 (CARE).
- Download flier .
Stroke Check 2015
The screening includes completion of a written stroke risk assessment, blood pressure and pulse screens, cholesterol/glucose screen (four-hour fast is recommended) and review of results by a clinician.
Friday, May 22, 8 a.m.-noon
RSVP: (602) 230-2273 (CARE)
Taking Care of Your Heart Series
Banner Boswell Medical Center continues its free monthly education series “Taking Care of Your Heart” to help people learn more about their heart and understand how to better manage chronic heart disease at home.
Where: Memorial Hall on the first floor of Banner Boswell’s Support Services Building, 13180 N. 103rd Drive in Sun City.
Reservations for the monthly class can be made online or by phone during normal business hours at (602) 230-2273 (CARE). Participants are encouraged to sign up for multiple classes, as presentation topics will vary throughout the year.
Check back for upcoming dates.
Success over Failure
In an effort to empower our patients to manager their heart failure, Banner Boswell Medical Center is now providing heart failure education classes to patients, family, caregivers, and community members!
Class will include a welcome and brief video from our Banner Health Video Library: Heart Failure, which discusses anatomy and physiology surrounding heart failure. The class will also feature 10 minute presentations by:
- A Clinical Pharmacist: Understanding the Importance of your heart failure medications
- A Dietary Technician: Understanding the Importance of daily weights, salt and fluid intake, and a heart healthy diet
- A Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapist: Exercising to stay healthy and active
- When: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays; 10-10:45 a.m. (45 minutes)
- Where: Banner Boswell Medical Center -Fifth floor conference room
- Who: Patients with acute heart failure or a history of heart failure, family, caregivers, and community members with heart failure
- Contact Kelly Wilson at (623) 832-5650 (2-5650) for additional information.
Spirit of Women
We provide comprehensive women's health events through our Spirit of Women Program in Arizona.