Events at Banner Boswell
At Banner Boswell Medical Center, we appreciate being members of the Phoenix community and want to do our part to keep our community strong and healthy.
We offer a number of interesting and fun events. So come join us!
Taking Care of Your Heart Series
Banner Boswell Medical Center continues its free monthly education series “Taking Care of Your Heart” to help people learn more about their heart and understand how to better manage chronic heart disease at home.
Where: Memorial Hall on the first floor of Banner Boswell’s Support Services Building, 13180 N. 103rd Drive in Sun City.
Reservations for the monthly class can be made online or by phone during normal business hours at (602) 230-2273 (CARE). Participants are encouraged to sign up for multiple classes, as presentation topics will vary throughout the year.
Check back for upcoming dates.
Success over Failure
In an effort to empower our patients to manager their heart failure, Banner Boswell Medical Center is now providing heart failure education classes to patients, family, caregivers, and community members!
Class will include a welcome and brief video from our Banner Health Video Library: Heart Failure, which discusses anatomy and physiology surrounding heart failure. The class will also feature 10 minute presentations by:
- A Clinical Pharmacist: Understanding the Importance of your heart failure medications
- A Dietary Technician: Understanding the Importance of daily weights, salt and fluid intake, and a heart healthy diet
- A Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapist: Exercising to stay healthy and active
- When: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays; 10-10:45 a.m. (45 minutes)
- Where: Banner Boswell Medical Center -Fifth floor conference room
- Who: Patients with acute heart failure or a history of heart failure, family, caregivers, and community members with heart failure
- Contact Kelly Wilson at (623) 832-5650 (2-5650) for additional information.
Spirit of Women
We provide comprehensive women's health events through our Spirit of Women Program in Arizona.
Punctuate Your Health is a free quarterly seminar series that takes a look at a variety of health topics and provides education and tips to help keep you and your family healthy.
Men's Health and You: Help the Men in Your Life
Join us for the second seminar in the Punctuate Your Health series.
You can help the men in your life get and stay healthier. Men often need encouragement to participate in routine preventive care, including recommended screenings and assessments for the leading causes of death in men: heart disease, cancer, and accidents or injuries. Each seminar participant will receive a comprehensive, easy-to-understand Men’s Health & You fact sheet.
To Register: (602) 230-2273 (CARE)
Seminars are free. Seating is limited.
June 30, 1 – 3 p.m.
Banner Boswell Medical Center
Memorial Hall Support Services Bldg.
13180 N. 103rd Drive, Sun City
Speaker: Dr. James Smith, Internal Medicine