Cancer Navigators help patients
In cooperation with the American Cancer Society, cancer patients at Banner Boswell Medical Center have access to a Patient Navigator at no charge.The Patient Navigator Program provides guidance for cancer patients, survivors and caregivers to help them navigate their course of care. If you are a cancer patient receiving treatment at Banner Boswell Medical Center, a Patient Navigator can help you:
- By providing literature on coping with cancer, what to expect during chemotherapy and radiation, and dealing with side effects of treatment.
- By referring you to support groups, classes, and other programs for information and support.
- By helping you identify resources for financial assistance, medication needs, home health care, insurance questions, transportation and other concerns.
- By listening, caring and helping you in your time of need.
- By identifying activities that can help ensure a better quality of life.
- By helping cancer survivors learn to self-navigate.