It is important to seek medical help immediately for a heart attack. The goal is to unblock arteries and restore circulation to the heart as quickly as possible to improve your chances for recovery.
Banner Boswell Medical Center offers emergency care for anyone with chest pain or other symptoms of a heart attack.
Don’t hesitate to call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing chest pain. People often wait to call for medical assistance, which delays life-saving treatment. It is important to call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Chest discomfort
- Chest pain, pressure, squeezing, fullness or heaviness
- Located in the center of the chest
- Lasts for more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back
- Discomfort or pain felt in other areas of the upper body
- One or both arms, the upper back, between the shoulder blades, in the neck, or jaw
- May have a feeling of fullness in the stomach
- Shortness of breath; trouble breathing
- Can take place with or without chest discomfort
- Other symptoms
- Breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea, dizziness, unusual tiredness and/or pale skin
Banner Boswell Medical Center also provides comprehensive diagnostic studies for non-emergency care.
In addition to medical procedures and medications, Banner Health offers a wide range of programs to help you make the lifestyle changes to improve your vascular health.
- “Taking Care of Your Heart” – We offer a free monthly class to help people learn more about their heart and understand how to better manage chronic heart disease at home.
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Support groups
Do you have questions about your treatment or any of the heart care services offered at Banner Boswell Medical Center? Email us.
To find out more about upcoming heart events, seminars and screenings, check out events.