The nationally recognized heart care at Banner Boswell Medical Center provides treatment options for patients experiencing congestive heart failure. Our heart experts seek to prevent further damage, help manage your condition and, when possible, improve your heart's function.
Treatment options will depend on a number of factors including the cause and severity of your condition and your overall health. Your treatment may include one or more of the following:
Some heart failure patients benefit from surgical procedures or from procedures performed in Banner Boswell’s catheterization laboratory (“cath lab”):
- Open or bypass blocked coronary arteries
- Repair or replace heart structures
- Implant cardiac devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators
- Drug-eluting coronary stent placement
- Valve repair and replacement
- Cardiac Cryoablation
While heart failure is a chronic, life-long disease, taking the right medications can help you live longer and enhance your quality of life. Your doctor will likely prescribe a combination of medication personalized to your specific diagnosis.
In addition to medical procedures and medications, Banner Health offers a wide range of programs to help you make the lifestyle changes to improve your vascular health.
- “Taking Care of Your Heart” – Join us for a free class to learn about your heart and understand how to better manage chronic heart disease at home.
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Support groups
Do you have questions about your treatment or any of the heart care services offered at Banner Boswell Medical Center? Email us.
To find out more about upcoming heart events, seminars and screenings, visit the Banner Boswell events page.