Support and Education
We understand the importance of support and education to a cardiac patient's recovery. At Banner Boswell Medical Center, we offer several ways for our patients and their families to get the information and care that they need.
This information is not a substitute for asking questions of your health care providers; please Contact a Banner facility with heart disease specialists with any questions.
General Heart Information:
Specific Heart Conditions and Treatments:
Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle
Banner Health offers a number of ways to maintain your heart-healthy lifestyle:
- Test your knowledge about the risk for heart disease
- Learn more about keeping heart-healthy
- Find heart healthy recipes
- Smoking cessation information
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Know Your Important Heart Numbers
- Keep Track of your Important Heart Numbers (printable guide)
Taking Care of Your Heart Series
Banner Boswell Medical Center continues its free monthly education series “Taking Care of Your Heart” to help people learn more about their heart and understand how to better manage chronic heart disease at home.
Where: Memorial Hall on the first floor of Banner Boswell’s Support Services Building, 13180 N. 103rd Drive in Sun City.
Reservations for the monthly class can be made online or by phone during normal business hours at (602) 230-2273 (CARE). Participants are encouraged to sign up for multiple classes, as presentation topics will vary throughout the year.
Check back for upcoming dates.
Success over Failure
In an effort to empower our patients to manager their heart failure, Banner Boswell Medical Center is now providing heart failure education classes to patients, family, caregivers, and community members!
Class will include a welcome and brief video from our Banner Health Video Library: Heart Failure, which discusses anatomy and physiology surrounding heart failure. The class will also feature 10 minute presentations by:
- A Clinical Pharmacist: Understanding the Importance of your heart failure medications
- A Dietary Technician: Understanding the Importance of daily weights, salt and fluid intake, and a heart healthy diet
- A Cardiac Rehabilitation Therapist: Exercising to stay healthy and active
- When: Monday, Wednesday and Fridays; 10-10:45 a.m. (45 minutes)
- Where: Banner Boswell Medical Center -Fifth floor conference room
- Who: Patients with acute heart failure or a history of heart failure, family, caregivers, and community members with heart failure
- Contact Kelly Wilson at (623) 832-5650 (2-5650) for additional information.