The mission of the Banner Boswell Medical Center Palliative Medicine Service is to provide compassionate, comprehensive and interdisciplinary care that reduces suffering and optimizes quality of life by addressing physical, emotional, and spiritual needs for patients and families experiencing serious illness.
This mission is achieved by:
- The utilization of an interdisciplinary team that
assesses the patient/family unit in a holistic
- The patient/family unit is considered an integral
part of the treatment team;
- Control of pain and other symptoms as well as
relief from suffering;
- Restoration of the highest possible functional
capacity for each individual and family;
- The provision of psychosocial and spiritual support;
- All care is provided with sensitivity to the cultural and religious values of the patient and family
The Palliative Care Program of Banner Boswell Medical Center will fully integrate the principles of Palliative Care throughout the continuum of patient care in all the communities that we serve.
- Physician - Dr. Annie Khurana
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Social Worker
- Consults are completed Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and weekends and holidays via telephone by asking your care provider.
- Contact Palliative Care pager at 602-201-0237.