The overall goal for case managers is to facilitate collaborative and cost-efficient interactions among providers that effectively integrate medical, psychological and social services to provide timely, appropriate and beneficial care to the patient.
Case management is responsible for working with patients, families, insurance companies, the health care team, community resources and discharge placement agencies. They ensure quality care, secure reimbursement, coordinate efficiency, and discharge during acute hospitalization.
Discharge planning begins upon admission with an assessment of the patient’s condition and living environment, and a review of anticipated needs at the time of discharge.
The referral process allows for physicians, staff, patients and families to ask for assistance. Communication and collaboration is an important aspect of the discharge plan.
The Case Management department is composed of:
- RN Case Managers
- Social Workers – Bachelors and Masters prepared
- Case Management tech Associate
- Clinical Documentation Specialist
- Case Managers and Social Workers are present 7 days a week from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Emergency department Staffing
- A Case Manager is present weekdays daily from 8:30 - 7 p.m.
- A Licensed Clinical Social Worker are is present Monday – Friday week from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.