Banner Casa Grande maintains five state-of-the-art operating suites and three state-of-the-art endoscopy suites.
The surgical care area at Banner Casa Grande consists of a pre-admission department, a pre-operative care unit, operating rooms, a post-anesthesia care unit (PACU), gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy rooms, and a sterile processing department.
Registered nurses and other caregivers assigned to these units collaborate with surgeons, anesthesiologists, and other health care professionals to provide the best surgical experience possible.
Following is a brief description of the various surgical care areas at Banner Casa Grande:
- Pre-admission Department – This department contacts each patient prior to a scheduled surgery to obtain pertinent patient information and to educate them about the procedure.
- Pre-operative Unit – There are 22 private spaces in the pre-op unit in which patients are prepared for surgery and can then relax with family before surgery.
- Operating Rooms – Banner Casa Grande’s five (5) operating suites and three (3) endoscopy rooms are equipped with the latest surgical, imaging and endoscopic technology.
- Post-anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) – There are seven (7) recovery bays in the hospital’s PACU area. Registered PACU nurses work in conjunction with physicians and other health care professionals to ensure a safe and successful transition home or to an inpatient unit. Nurses working in the PACU are trained in adult and pediatric advanced life support. Nurses and caregivers in all hospital units are trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Sterile Processing Department – The unit responsible for the proper and thorough maintenance, cleaning, and sterilization of all surgical instruments, equipment and supplies used in the operating room.