Banner Casa Grande Medical Center Auxiliary $1,000 Scholarship for 2015-2016 School Year
You are eligible to apply if you can answer “yes” to the following three questions:
- Do you plan to enroll in an accredited vocational school, college or university for a career in the human health care field?
- Are you a legal resident of the geographic areas served by Banner Casa Grande?
- Can you submit proof of registration and acceptance to your chosen school to the Banner Casa Grande Volunteer Services Office/Foundation (for Fall semester by August 31, 2015 and Spring semester by January 31, 2016). The money will then be transferred and may be used for tuition, books, fees, and/or room and board at the school of choice. The vocational schools, colleges, or universities attended must be accredited or recognized as an approved program by the appropriate agencies.
Complete application packets are due by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1, 2015. Please continue to check back for next year's scholarship.
- Personal Data Form filled out completely (2 pages; attached).
Educational Data Form filled out completely (attached).
- Signed Privacy Act Consent Form (release form is attached). Completely fill in this form.
- An official transcript or copy of GED provided by last school attended. GPA on Educational Data Form only is not sufficient.
- A letter by the applicant giving reasons for wanting to receive this scholarship. Applicant should state why they want to attend school of choice and why applicant wishes to pursue an education in this field. Any enlightening comments are welcome. This statement is very important in the consideration of the scholarship recipient chosen by the committee.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation; one of these letters from someone outside the academic field.
- Financial sheet (this should be a copy of pages 1 and 2 of the Federal Tax Return Form of parent or legal guardian [and/or self, if applicable] for fiscal year). This information will be kept in strict confidence. This includes child support aid.
Facts pertaining to the scholarship:
- All of the above requirements must be met and included in your application to be considered by the committee. Please check that everything is completely filled in and included before mailing – if any requirement is not met, you will be disqualified. Any decisions by the Scholarship Committee and/or Auxiliary Board are final.
- Scholarships are given for an academic year (2 semesters) based on a student’s scholastic achievement, financial need, motivation, and character. Recipients must take a full load of classes each semester. A full load is determined by the vocational school, college, or university the recipient is attending. If a recipient does not take a full load of classes while the award is in effect, funds for that semester must be returned to the Auxiliary Scholarship Fund prior to the end of that semester.
- If a recipient drops out of school while the award is in effect, funds must be returned to the Auxiliary Scholarship Fund commensurate with the school year remaining.
Application packet must be received no later than 4 p.m. on the due date determined by the Scholarship Committee. Mail or deliver application packets to:
Banner Casa Grande Medical Center
c/o Kaitee Doll-Bell, Volunteer Services
1800 E. Florence Boulevard
Casa Grande, AZ 85122