Casa Grande Community Hospital Foundation
$1,000 Scholarship for 2016-2017 School Year
You are eligible to apply if you can answer “yes” to the following three questions:
- Do you plan to enroll in an accredited vocational school, college or university for a career in the human health care field?
- Are you a legal resident of the geographic areas served by Banner Casa Grande Medical Center/Casa Grande Community Hospital Foundation (western Pinal County)?
- Can you submit proof of registration and acceptance to your chosen school to Kaitee-Doll-Bell with Banner Casa Grande Medical Center Volunteer Services/Foundation by August 31, 2016 for the Fall semester and by January 31, 2017 for Spring Semester? (A check will then be sent to you for use towards tuition, books, fees, and/or room and board at the school of choice. The vocational school, college, or university attended must be accredited or recognized as an approved program by the appropriate agencies.)
The applicant must submit their completed application packet to the Volunteer Services department at Banner Casa Grande Medical Center postmarked by mail or hand delivered by the deadline of 4 p.m. Wednesday, March 16, 2016.
Please use this checklist to ensure that your packet application is complete.
- Personal Data Form filled out completely (2 pages).
- Educational Data Form filled out completely.
- Signed Privacy Act Consent Form. Completely fill in this form.
- An official transcript or copy of GED provided by last school attended. GPA on Educational Data Form only is not sufficient.
- A letter to the committee from the applicant explaining their need for this scholarship. The applicant should state why they want to attend school of choice and why they wish to pursue an education in this field. Any enlightening comments are welcome. This statement is very important in the consideration of the scholarship recipients chosen by the committee.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation; one of the letters needs to be from someone outside the academic field.
- Financial sheet (this should be a copy of pages 1 and 2 of the Federal Tax Return Form of parent or legal guardian [and/or self, if applicable] for fiscal year). This information will be kept in strict confidence. This includes child support aid.
Facts pertaining to the scholarship:
- All of the above requirements must be met and included in your application to be considered by the committee. Please check that everything is completely filled in and included before mailing – if any requirement is not met, you will be disqualified. Any decisions by the Scholarship Committee are final.
- Scholarships are given for an academic year (2 semesters) based on a student’s scholastic achievement, financial need, motivation, and character. Recipients must take a full load of classes each semester. A full load is determined by the vocational school, college, or university the recipient is attending. If a recipient does not take a full load of classes while the award is in effect, funds for that semester must be returned to the Scholarship Fund prior to the end of that semester.
- If a recipient drops out of school while the award is in effect, funds must be returned to the Scholarship Fund commensurate with the school year remaining.
- Return Application Packet no later than 4:00 p.m., Wednesday March 16, 2016 to:
Banner Casa Grande Medical Center
Kaitee-Doll-Bell, Director of Volunteer Services & Foundation
1800 E. Florence Boulevard
Casa Grande, AZ 85122