We want you to have the tools and resources you need for treating your patients. You can find links to them here -- feel free to download/print out. Please watch this space as they will be updated periodically.
Banner Health Sepsis Early Identification Initiative: Cerner alerts have been implemented to assist with early and consistent sepsis identification. Computerized screening will occur every 24 hours.
Physicians are expected to:
1. Confirm the presence of sepsis within the problem list (or inactivate if sepsis not likely)
2. If sepsis is believed to be present, initiate the sepsis bundle, including (when appropriate):
- STAT Lactic Acid
- Bood cultures X2
- BMP & CBX if not done in past 12 hours
- ABGs & Oxygen to keep Sats > 93 %
- Normal Saline Bolus (20 ml/kg over 60 min)
- Transfer to ICU