Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center Rehabilitation department provides the complete continuum of care for patients, which includes inpatient acute rehabilitation. For many patients, this is the first step on their journey to healing.
When a patient is admitted to the hospital with a condition that will require rehabilitation, they will be aided by our dedicated and talented acute inpatient rehabilitation team.
Our expert, multi-disciplinary staff treats adult patients for:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Hip fracture
- Neurological disorders, including multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy and Parkinson's Disease.
- Multiple trauma
Services offered include:
- Occupational therapy, an activity-based therapy designed to aid the patient to become independent in self-care, home-living and community reintegration.
- Physical therapy, a program tailored to each patient to develop mobility and function.
- Speech-language pathology, a therapy designed to aid patients with communication, comprehension and swallowing disorders, along with those with cognitive difficulties.
- Rehabilitation nursing, in which our nursing team works with the patients' physician to implement rehabilitation plans.
Once a patient is ready to be discharged, they may be referred to our Outpatient Rehabilitation services for the next step in their healing process.