Below is the update for the week of July 21, 2014:
Products that are out and no re-supply at this time:
- Vitamin A injection (Aquasol)
- Methyldopa 250mg/5ml
- Caffeine – sodium benzoate amps
- Droperidol - on backorder with no release date at this time
- Pancuronium: currently no release date
- Reserpine Tablets 0.25mg and 0.1mg
- Sodium phosphate injection: expected release not until 2nd quarter 2014
- Sodium thiosulfate
- Warfarin (Coumadin) injection
Products whose supplies are low, re-supply is problematic or does not seem stable:
- Atropine injection: The vials continue to be a backorder issue. We currently have 60 of the 1mg / 1ml vials in Pyxis and none in the pharmacy; the 0.4mg vial remains an issue.
- Chloroprocaine 3% MPF 20ml (Nesacaine): The product is on backorder status; expected release of new supplies is late July. We currently have 4 vials in various L&D OR Pyxis locations.
- Erythromycin Vial 500mg: This product is on backorder, we hold 17 vials in the pharmacy and the projected release date is July 2014.
- Hydroxyzine vials: On backorder, release expected late June, we have none in stock.
- Indigo Carmine Injection: This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer(s). We currently have 120 doses within the facility.
- Midazolam 10mg/10ml vial: The 10ml vials remain a backorder issue. Locations have been stocked with 5ml vials as the best alternative.
- Zinc Injection: currently in very short supply; current supplies being used for Pediatric TPN only.
Products that have returned to a “normal” status:
- Cefuroxime (Zinacef) 1.5 gram vials
- Heparin 25,000 unis/250ml bags