Below is the update for the week of Nov. 21, 2013.
Products that are out and no re-supply at this time:
- Methyldopa 250mg/5ml
- Caffeine – sodium benzoate amps
- Pancuronium: currently no release date
- Sodium thiosulfate:
Products whose supplies are low, re-supply is problematic or does not seem stable:
- Aminocaproic acid vial 5 gram / 20ml: on backorder, we will get product from RxFormulations
- Atropine injection: The syringes remain in good supply. The small vials remain a supply issue, both the 0.4mg and 1mg single dose 1ml vials.
- Droperidol: On backorder with no release date at this time. Pharmacy holds 290 doses located in the various Pyxis locations, none in the central pharmacy.
- Flu vaccine: We have been informed that we will not receive any further vaccine in prefilled syringes. Vial availability is good for now. Pharmacy will repackage from the vials in to single dose syringes.
- Instat (micro-collagen) 1 GM: on backorder with no defined release date
- Lidocaine 0.5% with epi 50ml: on backorder, 5 in Pyxis locations, none in the pharmacy carousel
- Papaverine: currently on backorder. We are getting some product from RxFormulations. We are currently stocking a supply in the CVOR COR Pyxis only.
- Potassium phosphate injectable: current status is improving. We have the 15ml vials in the carousel and we are getting product from RX Formulations for use in compounding TPN.
- Reserpine Tabs: both the 0.25mg and 0.1mg are on backorder with no release date.
- Rifampin IV: We currently have 9 vials in the carousel. We need to use oral; refer orders for IV to a clinical specialist.
- Sodium phosphate injection: on backorder with an expected release not until 2nd quarter 2014. We are getting some product from RxFormulations.
- Trace elements: We have transitioned to a compounded product for both out adult and pediatric needs
- Thiotepa: no resupply at this time, no defined release date.
- Vitamin A injection (Aquasol): manufacturer unable to supply
- Zinc Injection: currently in very short supply; current supplies being used for Pediatric TPN only.
Products that have returned to a “normal” status:
- Dexamethasone 4mg vials
- Indigo Carmine