Below is the update for the week of Jan. 17, 2014:
Products that are out and no re-supply at this time:
- Vitamin A injection (Aquasol)
- Methyldopa 250mg/5ml
- Caffeine – sodium benzoate amps
- Pancuronium: currently no release date
- Reserpine Tablets 0.25mg and 0.1mg
- Sodium phosphate injection: expected release not until 2nd quarter 2014
- Sodium thiosulfate
Products whose supplies are low, re-supply is problematic or does not seem stable:
- Atropine injection: The syringes remain in good supply. The small vials remain a supply issue, both the 0.4mg and 1mg single dose 1ml vials.
- Bupivacaine 0.25% and 0.5% with epi: Both strengths with epinephrine are on back order, no release dates at this time. There is some product in various Pyxis locations
- Droperidol: On backorder with no release date at this time. Pharmacy holds 160 doses located in various Pyxis locations, none in the central pharmacy.
- Dopamine vials, 5 and 10ml: On backorder, we do have the premixed bags
- Sodium Chloride 250ml (with add a vial adapter): This Baxter specific product is on backorder. There are currently 700 bags in the various Pyxis locations. We are able to get 250ml bags but not with the vial adapter.
- Zinc Injection: currently in very short supply; current supplies being used for Pediatric TPN only.
Products that have returned to a “normal” status:
- Vancomycin 5gram and 10 gram
- Neostigmine vials