Below is the update for the week of August 15, 2014:
Products that are out and no re-supply at this time:
- Caffeine – sodium benzoate amps
- Droperidol - on backorder with no release date at this time
- Pancuronium: currently no release date
- Reserpine Tablets 0.25mg and 0.1mg
- Sodium thiosulfate
- Warfarin (Coumadin) injection
Products whose supplies are low, re-supply is problematic or does not seem stable:
- Atropine injection: The 0.4 mg vials continue to be on backorder status. All other injectable form have returned to normal levels.
- AZACTAM 1 GRAM: We have 7 vials in the iv room eta mid September
- AZACTAM 2 GRAM: We have 5 vials in the iv room eta mid September
- Chloroprocaine 3% MPF 20ml (Nesacaine): The product is on backorder status; expected release of new supplies is late August. We currently have 1 vial in various L&D OR Pyxis locations.
- DACARBAZINE 200 MG: 1 vial in stock eta late August
- Dextran-40 10% in D5W 500 mL IV: On backorder with no defined release date. We have none in stock.
- Hydroxyzine vials: On backorder, no defined release date, we have none in stock.
- Indigo Carmine Injection: This product has been discontinued by the manufacturer(s). We currently have 8 in the carousel and 41 in the pyxis.
- STERILE WATER FOR INJECTION: Long term back order
- Zinc Injection: currently in very short supply; current supplies being used for Pediatric TPN only.
Products that have returned to a “normal” status:
- Erythromycin Vial 500 mg
- Midazolam 10mg/10ml vial