Radiation Oncology treatment at Banner Desert is provided by Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center.
We tailor cancer treatment plans to our patient's individual needs. For many, the plan includes radiation oncology to kill cancer cells or, in some cases, to relieve symptoms and minimize pain brought about by the disease. Approximately half of all cancer patients require radiation therapy as part of their treatment. This incredibly precise method of delivering regulated doses of high-energy radiation may be a patient’s only course of treatment. It may also be used with chemotherapy and/or as a complement to surgery.
Our highly coordinated radiation oncology team consists of board-certified physicians specially trained in radiation oncology, medical physicists, dosimetrists, radiation therapists and nurses. Together, they provide the highest level of cancer care using the latest medical equipment in conjunction with the world-renowned protocols of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
A variety of cancer services are available through Radiation Oncology including:
- Radiation treatment for adults
- Radiation treatments for pediatrics
- External beam radiation
- Conformal, IMRT and 3D radiation therapy
- High Dose Remote Brachy therapy
- Prostate seed implants utilizing both Iodine and Palladium
- Mammosite and multiplane breast implants
- Sirsphere for metastatic liver disease
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Rapid Arc Therapy
- Access to Clinical Trials
- 1 131 outpatient thyroid ablation therapy
To schedule an evaluation for radiation treatment at Banner Desert, please call (480) 412-3808.