Banner Desert Medical Center is a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center.
Being an accredited center means that patients who arrive with chest pain or other symptoms of a heart attack receive the best possible treatment when the integrity of the heart muscle can be preserved.
By becoming an accredited Chest Pain Center, Banner Desert has enhanced the quality of care for acute coronary syndrome patients and has demonstrated its commitment to higher standards.
Don’t hesitate to call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing chest pain. People often wait to call for medical assistance, which delays life-saving treatment.
It is important to call 9-1-1 if you are experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Chest discomfort
- Chest pain, pressure, squeezing, fullness or heaviness
- Located in the center of the chest
- Lasts for more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back
- Discomfort or pain felt in other areas of the upper body
- One or both arms, the upper back, between the shoulder blades, in the neck, or jaw
- May have a feeling of fullness in the stomach
- Shortness of breath; trouble breathing
- Can take place with or without chest discomfort
- Other symptoms
- Breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea, dizziness, unusual tiredness and/or pale skin
Banner Desert provides comprehensive diagnostic studies, including stress testing, echocardiography and calcium scoring CT. Call (480) 412-3760 to find out more about these heart tests.
Have questions about your treatment or heart care services offered at Banner Desert Medical Center? Email us.