High Risk OB Services
We recognize the stress that hospitalization can cause to you and your family, and will do our best to minimize it. We will work to coordinate your care and keep you informed so that you can focus on the important work of bringing your baby, or babies, into the world.
We are certified as a Level III Perinatal Center by the Arizona Perinatal Trust, and care for patients with obstetrical medical conditions at all gestational ages. We also have the East Valley’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) that provides the same high level of care for your baby, if necessary.
Our Special Care Team of skilled physicians and specialists includes:
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine – specialists in maternal and fetal health
- Neonatologists – specialists in the care of high-risk newborns
- OB anesthesiologists – specialists who provide anesthesia and pain management
- Fetal assessment services
- Skilled obstetrical high risk nurses
- Pediatric specialists who provide the most advanced care in areas such as cardiology, gastroenterology and oncology
A neonatal team is available 24 hours a day to attend deliveries, if necessary.
Inpatient Antepartum (High Risk OB) Unit
We are certified as a Level III Perinatal Center by the Arizona Perinatal Trust, and care for patients with obstetrical medical conditions at all gestational ages. Our unit is dedicated to caring for the needs of women during a high-risk pregnancy. The unit features 30 private rooms and offers specialized care for women with diabetes, pre-term labor, multiple births and other special needs.
The unit offer specialized programming once a week for mothers in the unit. Programs include belly painting, movie nights, scrapbooking and more.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We work with the Cardon Children’s Medical Center Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to provide individualized care for premature infants and ventilator-dependent newborns. The largest and most comprehensive NICU in the East Valley also feels the most like home.
- To schedule a personalized tour with an OB nurse and receive a complimentary keepsake book, please call: (480) 412-5292.
Watch our videos featuring moms sharing their high-risk pregnancy and birth experiences at Banner Desert Medical Center.