Cardon Compass Program
The dates for the Cardon Compass class of 2014 are currently under review. To be placed on an informational mailing list, add your information here. We will contact you with updates.
The Cardon Compass program at Cardon Children's Medical Center offers volunteer experience and leadership development for young adults.
The Cardon Compass program is for young adults between 18 and 22 years of age who have a passion for serving the community, especially kids.
Member benefits include:
- community service experience
- leadership skills, including media and presentation training
- opportunities to learn about health care careers
- career shadowing
This rigorous program lasts for nine months and requires at least 40 hours of volunteer work for completion. Volunteer opportunities include working at events benefiting Cardon Children's Medical Center and participating in events inside the facility. Each graduating class also will be asked to choose a group service project to complete by the end of the program.
- between 18 and 22 years old
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- two letters of recommendation (see link below)
- access to transportation
- e-mail address for communication
- personal statement of interest about why you want to volunteer
- personal interview