Cardon Compass Program
The Cardon Compass program at Cardon Children's Medical Center offers volunteer experience and leadership development for young adults.
The next session begins in January 2015 and runs through May 2015.
The Cardon Compass program is for young adults between 16 and 22 years of age who have a passion for serving the community, especially kids.
Volunteer benefits include:
- community service experience
- leadership skills, including media and presentation training
- opportunities to learn about health care careers
- career shadowing
This rigorous program lasts for 15 weeks and requires at least 40 hours of volunteer work for completion. Volunteer opportunities include working at events benefiting Cardon Children's Medical Center and participating in events inside the facility. Each graduating class also will be asked to choose a group service project to complete by the end of the program.
- between 16 and 22 years old
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- access to transportation
- e-mail address for communication
- personal statement of interest about why you want to volunteer
- personal interview
Complete the online application. Application deadline is December 14, 2014.