Be a volunteer at Banner Desert Medical Center and Cardon Children's Medical Center
The first step to learn about becoming a hospital volunteer is to attend an information session. This is how interested individuals will learn about what it takes to become a volunteer.
Due to the in-depth nature of the application and training process, as well as the costs involved, we require a minimum six-month (100 hour) time commitment.
Steps to become a volunteer
- Send an email to sign up for our next Information Session & Group Interview
- Read and complete our 2015 Group Interview Packet.
- Attend the required Information Session & Group Interview. Remember to bring the completed Group Interview Packet with you. We also recommend you bring a resume.
- After the Group Interview, selected individuals will receive an email containing the online volunteer application link. The application must be completed within 48 hours.
- Applications will be reviewed by Volunteer Resources and selected individuals will be contacted.
If you are selected for the Volunteer Program, you will then:
- Complete an online background check within 48 hours.
- Complete a health screening at the Occupational Health Clinic located on the Banner Desert campus within 2 weeks (includes a 2-step TB skin test and required Flu vaccination during Flu season).
- Teens (ages 16-17) must complete a Parental Consent Form.
- Complete the New Volunteer Onboarding Packet (contains documents to read and forms to sign)
- Attend a 15-30 minute placement appointment with a Volunteer Resources staff person (during this time you will receive your volunteer assignment, schedule and ID badge)
- Purchase the Volunteer uniform top in the Cardon Children's Gift Shop ($22.49, includes a 10% volunteer discount)
- Attend New Volunteer Orientation & Language of Caring within 2 months of service
2015 Volunteer Information Session and Group Interview Schedule
- January 7 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- February 18 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- April 8 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- May 6 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- August 5 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- September 30 from 4:30 to 6 p.m.
If you are interested in attending a monthly information session, please send an email.
- Ambassador Assistants (Guest Services)
- Gift Shops
- Select Patient-care assignments at both Banner Desert and Cardon Children's
** Please note: Volunteer Resources is unable to offer observing, shadowing, internships or court-ordered community service hours. Teens ages 16-17 are not permitted to volunteer in Patient-care areas.