Awards and Accreditation
Banner Estrella Medical Center is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Joint Commission accreditation means that we have met all the conditions of The Joint Commission Comprehensive Accreditation Manual for Hospitals. The Joint Commission reserves the right to shorten or lengthen the duration of the accreditation cycle; however, the accreditation certificate and cycle are customarily valid for up to 36 months.
Awards received by Banner Estrella Medical Center
- U.S. News & World Report, Ranked Top Hospital in the Valley in three specialties
- Donor Network of Arizona, Outstanding Physician Award to Michael Simons, MD
- Banner Health Spotlight Award, Banner Estrella Medical Center Laboratory, Performance Excellence
- Health Imaging and IT, Top 25 Connected Winner, Banner Health
- WESTMARC Best of the West, Honorable Mention, Thinking Green for a Sustainable Future
- Arizona Quality Alliance, Arizona Showcase in Excellence Award, “Be the Tube” LEAN project (turnaround time on emergent lab procedures), 2009
- Advance Magazine, Banner Estrella Medical Center Laboratory of the Year, 2nd Place, 2009
- Banner Health Spotlight Award, Banner Estrella Medical Center Laboratory, Performance Excellence, 2009
- United Blood Services, Valentines For Life, Bronze Award, 2009
- Health Imaging and IT, Top 25 Connected Winner, Banner Health, 2008
- Arizona Society for Respiratory Care, Department of the Year, Banner Estrella Medical Center, 2007-2008
- Maryvale Revitalization Corporation, John. F. Long Community Service Award, 2008
- AIA Arizona Honor Award in the “Distinguished Building” category, awarded November 2005
- Modern Health Care magazine – “Award of Excellence – Built Projects,” awarded October 2005
- WESTMARC Best of the West Award (Service to Communities-Health and Wellness), awarded October 2005. This award is for meeting community health need in the West Valley.
- IIDA Pacific Northwest Chapter, InAward, "Honors-Healthcare" category, awarded October 2005
- Contract magazine, Interiors Award (bestowed in January 2006)
- Southwest Contractor Magazine “Best of ’04 Award” for Private Projects over $5 million – awarded October 2004