Partners in Caring
The Partners In Caring program at Banner Estrella Medical Center is committed to encouraging a supportive relationship between our patients, their loved ones and the health care team, through compassion, communication and respect for individual choice, which empowers people to heal in a nurturing environment.
With this in mind, we've developed the Partners in Caring program that encourages patients to select a family member or friend to provide additional support during your stay in the hospital. This person would be designated as your personal Partner In Caring.
Question: What does a Partner in Caring do?
Answer: The Partner in Caring acts as a patient's support for emotional, physical, educational and spiritual needs during the healing process. The Partner in Caring duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Accompanying the patient to tests and treatments
- Keeping family members and friends informed of a patient's progress as desired (utilize our CarePages for an easy update tool)
- Assist ing with meal menu selection
- Reading to or writing letters/emails for the patient
- Assisting with the patient's personal care such as bathing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Providing comfort measures for patients such as back rubs, foot rubs, manicures and music or relaxation tapes
- Providing companionship and assistance in maintaining a patient's therapy and safety
- Arranging for care after the patient's discharge
Question: What are the benefits of the Partner in Caring program?
Answer: The Partner in Caring can help enhance the healing process for the patient while in the hospital and after discharge by performing some of the tasks or comfort measures the patient might have difficulty completing alone.
The Partner in Caring also serves as an advocate and works in partnership with the patient and the hospital's health care team to best plan the treatment and recovery process. He/she provides direct support for at a time when the patient needs it most .
To thank those who participate in the Partners in Caring program, Partners in Caring receive a 15 percent discount in the Banner Estrella Cafeteria. To receive the discount, Partners in Caring need to wear their Partners in Caring badges. Each Partners in Caring also will receive a small care package, which can be requested from the front desk or Gift Shop at Banner Estrella Medical Center.
Question: How do I sign up or get more information?
Answer: If you are interested in participating in the Partners in Caring program, talk with a volunteer at the front desk in the Banner Estrella lobby to learn the specific responsibilities.