Registration and OB Triage
Banner Estrella Medical Center's highly skilled, compassionate staff in our Women and Infants Services department provides expertise and experience in caring for low risk pregnancies to extremely complicated obstetrical cases. Our process supports mother and baby with a family-centered care approach.
To ensure proper processing, please register online at least 48 business hours (Monday - Friday) prior to your scheduled procedure, test or delivery. In order to complete this process efficiently, we recommend that you have at least the following readily available to you:
- Name of facility and scheduled procedure
- Patient and emergency contact information, including address, phone numbers, birthdays, and employment
- Applicable primary, secondary, and state/federal insurance
- Maternity due date
- Co-payment deductible will be collected at time of registration
- You can also obtain pre-registration paperwork from your physician’s office, or visit our OB Triage/registration at the hospital.
You will check-in at our OB Registration desk (even if you are pre-registered), located inside the Women and Infants Services department on the first floor. You will then be taken to either OB Triage or Labor and Delivery (L&D).
Access to the hospital
- If you arrive at the hospital between 5:30 a.m. - 9 p.m., you may use the Women and Infants Services entrance on the west side of the building next to the main lobby.
- If you arrive between 9 p.m. - 5:30 a.m., you will need to access the hospital via the Emergency department entrance on the east side of the building. Note: Effective Dec. 2, 2014, access to the Emergency department will be relocated to the west side of the hospital, off of 93rd Avenue and just north of main entrance.
The OB Triage Unit is a short stay triage area that provides assessment and testing. You will change into a hospital gown, be connected to a monitor to watch your contractions and your baby's heartbeat and be examined by a nurse.
Our specially-trained nurses are experts in ultrasound exams and performing non-stress tests. In addition, we offer physical profile testing to determine fetal well being. Your obstetrician will be notified. After assessment, you will either be admitted to the main L&D unit or discharged with instructions on when to call and/or return.
Our OB Triage area is staffed twenty-four hours a day to meet the needs of our pregnant patients. We work in tandem with multiple obstetrical practices including Perinatologists, Maternal and Family Medicine and Family Practice.