Clinical Trials and Research Studies at Banner Health
A few months ago Banner Health reorganized all research activities, programs and entities under the umbrella of the Banner Research to be better positioned to serve our mission and goals. The studies and programs encompassed within Banner Research include: all clinical trials and other research in Banner medical facilities, Banner Alzheimer’s Institute, Banner Sun Health Research Institute, Banner MD Anderson Banner Cancer Center research, and all grants, including non-research grants, in Banner medical facilities.
To better serve and partner with physicians, we have organized our hospital based research and grants generally by service line, with a Research Director as the point of contact for each service. They are as follows:
- Oncology and Pediatrics: Shaun Opie, PhD – (602) 747-9738
- Neuroscience, Simulation, Trauma, e-ICU, Mental Health: Denise Drumm-Gurnee, PhD – (480) 512-4868
- Cardiology, Rehab, Orthopedics, Peripheral Vascular Surgery: Barbara Lambeth, RN – (480) 854-5178
- Medical Education, Clinical Delivery, Interventional Radiology, Ob/Gyn, Toxicology, Solid Organ Transplant: Pam Thompson, MS, RN – (602) 839-5678
- Western Region: Ann Coombs, RT – (970) 392-2012
Any physician who is interested in initiating a clinical trial or research study should contact the appropriate research director above to get started. In addition, if you have any questions or would like further information, contact Eric Reiman, MD, CEO Banner Research at (623) 876-5466.