Interventional radiology at Banner Gateway, is a subspecialty of medical imaging in which minimally invasive diagnostic and treatment procedures are performed using image guidance.
Tiny catheters and miniature instruments, which are inserted into the body through a small opening in the skin, are guided through a patient’s network of arteries to internally treat conditions.
From cardiology to fetal surgery, interventional radiology is a state-of-the-art alternative to open surgery with such advantages as:
- Shorter recovery times
- Less severe side effects
- Less scarring
- Usually does not require general anesthesia
- May provide treatment options for people diagnosed with inoperable conditions, or who otherwise are not candidates for open surgery
Interventional radiologists at Banner Gateway perform a number of diagnostic and treatment procedures including:
- Digital Angiography with 3D Reconstruction
- Treatment of Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Endovenous Laser Ablation of Varicose Veins
- Catheter Placement
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)