Women's Imaging Center
Banner Gateway's Women's Imaging Center offers a compassionate approach to breast evaluation and diagnosis, and bone health. The Center is located in the Canyon Springs Medical Plaza medical office building located just west of Banner Gateway Medical Center on the hospital campus. Appointments can be made by calling (480) 543-6900.
Meeting Women's Needs
The Women's Imaging Center features:
- Staff who are sensitive to your physical, emotional and spiritual needs
- Dedicated breast radiologist, mammography technologists and breast health specialists
- The most advanced technology for breast and bone imaging
- Immediate results for patients undergoing diagnostic breast procedures
- Unique, healing environment
- Referral resources
We offer the latest diagnostic technology by a caring staff focused on patient comfort and privacy. Services provided include:
- Digital Screening and Diagnostic Mammograms
- Both screening and diagnostic mammograms are performed with digital technology, the latest innovation in breast imaging. This technology produces computerized images instead of traditional films.
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast ultrasound is a noninvasive exam that uses sonar technology to determine if a suspicious area is filled with fluid or a solid mass, thus determining whether further testing is needed.
- Breast MRI
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging is the most advanced diagnostic tool available. It has aided in the diagnosis of breast cancer by using powerful magnetic fields and radio waves to create images of the breast. It is often used after the results of a mammogram are reviewed.
- The American Cancer Society also suggests that women with a "high risk" of developing breast cancer pair mammograms with breast MRI scans. Since many factors contribute to the definition of "high risk," women should consult their physicians about whether breast MRI is necessary for them.
- Other Breast Diagnostic Services
- Biopsy (ultrasound guided, stereotactic and MRI)
- Cyst aspiration
- Needle localization
- Lymph node biopsy
When breast surgery is needed, the surgeons on staff at Banner Gateway Medical Center provide state-of-the-art surgical care, employing the latest techniques in breast surgery for their patients..
Bone densitometry testing is just one tool to help women monitor their health and fight osteoporosis. Bone density tests, called DEXA or dual-energy X-ray absorption, measure bone mass to determine whether you have osteopenia or osteoporosis and are at risk for a fracture. A physician referral is required for bone density testing. Read more about bone densitometry and bone health.