What to expect in our Jump Start Program
Welcome to the beginning of your supervised weight loss journey. Throughout this journey, you can expect to dedicate yourself to the final goal of lifelong weight loss—we'll be with you every step of the way; we are your biggest fans and dedicated supporters. During your first visit to our weight loss clinic, you'll be given a thorough medical evaluation. Expect a weigh-in, your blood pressure checked, your BMI (body mass index) calculated, a comprehensive medical history review and if necessary orders for lab work.
You'll see us weekly and we'll go over your latest results and if necessary, we will recommend vitamins, medications, injections and motivation. Exercise is a vital component of any weight loss plan. We will have our exercise physiologist develop/recommend an exercise plan that is a helpful addition to your program.
Your 12 week schedule consists of:
- Initial consult with nurse practitioner, exercise physiologist and registered dietitian
- Access to all BGMC support groups
- 6- 1:1 sessions with exercise physiologist
- 6- 1:1 sessions with registered dietitian
- Food supplements (Optifast) for 8 weeks with last 4 weeks transitioning to regular food
- 12- Different education topics provided to you to keep you focused on your goal
- At the completion of program you will be given an insulated lunch sack, water bottle, and pedometer to keep you on track towards your new lifestyle