To become a teen volunteer you must:
- Be between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age.
- Complete the Volunteer Application.
- Attach two (2) letters of recommendation; one from a teacher, one from your counselor, and send them in with your application and parent consent form.
- Have a parent sign the Parent Consent Form.
- Attend a 2 hour orientation to learn about hospital policies and volunteer program requirements.
- Agree to complete the health screening requirements of the hospital: an annual TB skin test (given at Banner Health's Occupational Health Clinic), current immunization records, which should include MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) and tetanus. These are required before you start working in your assigned area.
- Agree to serve at least one 4 hour shift per week for a minimum of six months. (This means not taking off during the three summer months for camp, vacation, etc.)
- The Volunteer Services Department is not a participant in court ordered volunteer service requirements.
Please mail your completed Volunteer Application, letters of recommendation and Parent Consent Form to Banner Gateway Medical Center Volunteer Services at 1900 N. Higley Rd, Gilbert, Az 85234. If you have any questions, please call the Volunteer Office (480) 543-2862.