Accreditations and Awards
U.S.News & World Report,
#1 Hospital in Arizona
#1 Hospital in Phoenix/Metropolitan Area
#36 Diabetes and Endocrinology
"Banner Good Samaritan is
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center has distinguished itself in many ways. Here are some of our most recent accreditations and awards:
- Magnet™ status, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- The Joint Commission accreditation for Hospital and Transplant Services
- The Joint Commission certification as a Primary Stroke Center
- Nursing Professionals Magazine "Top 100 Hospitals to Work For," 2009
- Level I Trauma Center – American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Level I Trauma Center – Arizona Emergency Medical System
- Level III Perinatal Center – Arizona Perinatal Trust
- Healthcare Accreditation Colloquium (HAC) accreditation as an Accredited Heart Failure Center
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation certification for the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
- American Council of Teaching Hospitals
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
- U.S. Health and Human Services "Medal of Honor" for organ donation rates
- American College of Radiology
- American College of Surgeons
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- Arizona Psychological Association "Psychologically Healthy Workplace"
- Magnet™ Hospital: the highest honor a hospital can earn for its nursing care and practices. The Magnet Recognition Program® is a prestigious designation to recognize health care organizations for nursing excellence.
- U.S.News & World Report: Ranked #1 hospital in Arizona and #1 hospital in the Phoenix Metropolitan area in 2012.
- Konnectology: Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center identified as the top kidney transplant center in the United States out of 246 transplant centers.
- American Stroke and American Heart Associations: Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center awarded the “Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Performance Achievement Award”
- IBCLC Care Award: For excellence in breastfeeding support activities by highly skilled staff certified by the International Board Certified Lactation Examiners.
- Nursing Professionals magazine: named as one of 2009's “Top 100 Hospitals to Work For” in the nation.
- Phoenix Magazine’s Top Docs: About 40 percent of the physicians listed in this prestigious survey of local physicians, by local physicians, are on the medical staff at Banner Good Samaritan.
- Annual Rural Health Care Association Conference (2007): Trauma surgeon Corey Detlefs, MD, and his team received an award for their commitment to Arizona rural health care.
- March of Dimes Nurse of the Year 2007-Military: Deborah Lehker, RN, BSN, Banner Good Samaritan Wound Care, U.S Air Force Reserves.
- Healthcare Hero 2007: Deborah Lehker, RN, BSN, Banner Good Samaritan Wound Care, U.S Air Force Reserves, has served two tours of duty in the Middle East, award given by The Phoenix Business Journal.
- Healthcare Hero 2006: Charlie Thomas, MSW, Banner Transplant Services, advocate for organ transplant patients, award given by The Phoenix Business Journal.
- Internal Medicine residency program, Educational Innovations Project: Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education awarded a ten-year accreditation cycle to the Banner Good Samaritan program. Only 17 of 450 Internal Medicine teaching programs received this level of accreditation.
- LIVESTRONG®: Livestrong Community Impact Project awarded grant to Palliative Care Program.
- Phoenix Business Journal: Banner Good Samaritan named as one of 2011's "Best Places to Work" in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
- Delta Group’s CareChex Study:
- Cavanagh Heart Center: Ranked #1 hospital for Interventional Coronary Care in Arizona
- Cavanagh Heart Center: Ranked among the top 10% of heart hospitals in the U.S.
- Cancer Care program ranked #3 in Arizona
- Cancer Care program ranked in top 10% of U.S.