Accreditations and Awards
U.S.News & World Report,
#2 Hospital in Arizona
#2 Hospital in Phoenix/Metropolitan Area
Nationally ranked in Geriatrics
Ranked high performing in 11 speciaties
Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center has distinguished itself in many ways. Here are some of our most recent accreditations and awards:
- Magnet™ status, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- The Joint Commission accreditation for Hospital and Transplant Services
- The Joint Commission certification as a Primary Stroke Center
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) accreditation for Banner Good Samaritan Rehabilitation Institute.
- Level I Trauma Center – American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma
- Level I Trauma Center – Arizona Emergency Medical System
- Level III Perinatal Center – Arizona Perinatal Trust
- In 2014, the Banner Good Samaritan Epilepsy Monitoring Unit was designated a Level 3 comprehensive epilepsy center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC)
- Healthcare Accreditation Colloquium (HAC) accreditation as an Accredited Heart Failure Center
- American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation certification for the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
- American Council of Teaching Hospitals
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
- U.S. Health and Human Services "Medal of Honor" for organ donation rates
- American College of Radiology
- American College of Surgeons
- Arizona Psychological Association "Psychologically Healthy Workplace"
- Magnet™ Hospital: the highest honor a hospital can earn for its nursing care and practices. The Magnet Recognition Program® is a prestigious designation to recognize health care organizations for nursing excellence.
- Konnectology: Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center identified as the top kidney transplant center in the United States out of 246 transplant centers.
- Get With The Guidelines ® - Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award
- IBCLC Care Award: For excellence in breastfeeding support activities by highly skilled staff certified by the International Board Certified Lactation Examiners.
- Phoenix Magazine’s Top Docs: About 40 percent of the physicians listed in this prestigious survey of local physicians, by local physicians, are on the medical staff at Banner Good Samaritan.
- Internal Medicine residency program, Educational Innovations Project: Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education awarded a ten-year accreditation cycle to the Banner Good Samaritan program. Only 17 of 450 Internal Medicine teaching programs received this level of accreditation.
- LIVESTRONG®: Livestrong Community Impact Project awarded grant to Palliative Care Program.
- Phoenix Business Journal: Banner Good Samaritan named as one of 2011's "Best Places to Work" in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
- Delta Group’s CareChex Study:
- Cavanagh Heart Center: Ranked #1 hospital for Interventional Coronary Care in Arizona
- Cavanagh Heart Center: Ranked among the top 10% of heart hospitals in the U.S.
- Cancer Care program ranked #3 in Arizona
- Cancer Care program ranked in top 10% of U.S.