Nursing Awards & Recognition
Congratulations to our Jannetti scholarship winners. Anthony Jannetti, a longtime Banner Health Board member committed to support the nursing profession, gave eight nurses $1,500 scholarships for continuing education. In 2013, Ashlee Erickson, RN was the Jannetti recipient from Banner Good Samaritan.
Florence Nightingale Award
The Nightingale Award is presented to a Banner Good Samaritan nurse mentor each year. Nurse mentees can nominate their mentor by submitting an essay about why they should be recognized as the Nightingale Award winner. The Banner Good Samaritan mentor committee selects the winner.
March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Awards
Banner Good Samaritan had several nurses place as "finalists" in the 2010 March of Dimes Nurse of the Year awards! Congratulations to the following nurses for their recognitions, and thank you for providing excellent patient care!
- Category: Patient Care - Jill Bigelow RN, BSN, Staff Nurse, 7CD
- Category: Research/Advancing the profession - Chris Tussey MSN, CNS, RNC-OB, RNC-MN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, WIS
- Category: Community Service - Susan Stelton RN, MSN, ACNS-BC, CWOCN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Med/Surg
- Category: Mentoring - Cindy Helmich RN, BSN, MBA, Director, Neuro ICU/PCU
- Category: Rising Star
Renee Chavez RN, BSN, Staff Nurse, 2CD
Gina Dioguardi RN, BSN, Staff Nurse, PCU
Ashley Kinder RN, BSN, Staff Nurse, L&D
- Category: Distinguished Nurse of the Year- Debi Boyle RN, MSN, FAAN, Magnet Coordinator, Nursing Administration