Nursing Awards & Recognition
Florence Nightingale Award
The Nightingale Award is presented to a Banner Good Samaritan nurse mentor each year. Nurse mentees can nominate their mentor by submitting an essay about why they should be recognized as the Nightingale Award winner. The Banner Good Samaritan mentor committee selects the winner.
The 2010 Nightingale Award winner is to Rebecca McKee, RN! Thanks to Rebecca's mentee, Renee Chavez, RN, for writing the winning nomination.
March of Dimes Nurse of the Year Awards
Banner Good Samaritan had several nurses place as "finalists" in the 2010 March of Dimes Nurse of the Year awards! Congratulations to the following nurses for their recognitions, and thank you for providing excellent patient care!
- Category: Patient Care - Jill Bigelow RN, BSN, Staff Nurse, 7CD
- Category: Research/Advancing the profession - Chris Tussey MSN, CNS, RNC-OB, RNC-MN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, WIS
- Category: Community Service - Susan Stelton RN, MSN, ACNS-BC, CWOCN, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Med/Surg
- Category: Mentoring - Cindy Helmich RN, BSN, MBA, Director, Neuro ICU/PCU
- Category: Rising Star
Renee Chavez RN, BSN, Staff Nurse, 2CD
Gina Dioguardi RN, BSN, Staff Nurse, PCU
Ashley Kinder RN, BSN, Staff Nurse, L&D
- Category: Distinguished Nurse of the Year- Debi Boyle RN, MSN, FAAN, Magnet Coordinator, Nursing Administration
Nurse Week Excellence Awards
The 2010 Nurse Week Excellence Awards will be held Friday, Aug. 13, 2010. Susan Stelton, RN, clinical nurse specialist, and Paula Segebarth, RN, trauma injury prevention coordinator, are both finalists for the "Community Service" category.
Jannetti Scholarship Award
Congratulations to our Jannetti scholarship winners. Anthony Jannetti, a longtime Banner Health Board member gave eight nurses $1,500 scholarships for continuing education. In 2010, Kenneth Oja, RN was the Jannetti recipient from Banner Good Samaritan.
Banner Good Samaritan's Joanne Motley and
Gail Farrell from Donor Network of Arizona
accepted the 2008 HHS Medal of Honors.
2008 Donor Life award
Nurses Week Celebration and Awards
Banner Good Samaritan celebrated Nurses Week 2010. Spirit of Nursing Awards were given in the following categories:
- Excellence in Nursing - Contribution to Society: Paula Segebarth, RN
- Excellence in Nursing - Contribution to Patients: Sarah Fazz, RN
- Excellence in Nursing - Contribution to the Profession: Peggy Knutson, RN
- Excellence in Nursing - Contribution to Nursing Leadership: Nancy Sylvester, RN
The 2010 Friend of Nursing Award, recognizing a non-nurse who has contributed to the nursing experience at Banner Good Samaritan. This year's winner was Lori Porter, MD.