Strategic Plan for Banner Good Samaritan Nursing Excellence 2010 – 2013
Each year, a strategic plan steering team schedules a retreat to review and create goals for the upcoming year. This year, a retreat was held in April and included 95 participants from nursing and their interdisciplinary partners.
The plan is linked with Banner Health’s Professional Practice Framework: Patient, Profession, Society and incorporates and aligns Banner Health’s initiatives. In addition, the plan supports the Magnet model:
- Structural Empowerment: Operationalized thru unit and house Shared Leadership councils
- Transformational Leadership: Plan developed through an interdisciplinary retreat
- Exemplary Professional Practice: Focus on quality and patient experience
- New Knowledge and Innovation: EBP expectations
- Empirical Outcomes: Defined outcome measures